Monday, March 12, 2007

Bonus!

I got lucky today. No, I didn't get sex lol. However I did manage to score a singer treadle sewing machine. Very much like the one my Mum had sitting in the sunroom when I was a kid. And yes I do know how to use one even though I am not looking at using this one any time soon. My kids wouldn't leave me alone long enough to concentrate lol. Besides with the amount of sewing I can end up doing at times I would get very tired legs lol. Just this weekend I finished up 3 pairs of shorts for Eddie for school. They are even in the big school colours! When I told him that he had 3 pairs of shorts for school he looked at me like I had grown an extra head before loftily informing me that he can only wear one pair to school not three! Well wasn't I put in my place! Rofl The joys of kids is learning their logic, the joys of innocence I guess.

Anyway this cabinet has 3 drawers on both sides and the machine is white (my mum's was black). The finish isn't the best but it looks a hell of a lot better now all the dirt has been washed off. It had been sitting out in a shed for god knows how many years. My friend was going to dump it in a council clean up bin. Joys of having a mid life crisis. In 2 weeks he walks out without any warning or even bothering to tell his partner of 9 years that he is going. Takes only his clothes and wants nothing from the house (at least for now) and becomes a complete and utter bastard. We are neighbours and yes I am good friends with his partner but he hasn't even bothered to stay in contact even when I make the effort so stuff him. He can go and have his tantrum and when he gets over it I may or may not still be ready for a friendship.

Well my bed is singing my song so night all!

No comments: